Annick House offers you a choice of accommodation here in the heart of Nelson City. We offer a bed and breakfast or self catering option.
"Out of Africa" studio unit or "A Touch Oriental" guest wing
"Out of Africa" is a self contained studio unit up one flight of stairs. It has a large open space and plenty of room to move around.
- Private entrance
- Super king double/king twin singles sized bed
- Kitchen suitable for light meal preparation, with refrigerator
- Cooking essentials
- Breakfast tray or self catering options
- Tea and coffee are always available
- Private bathroom. Shower toilet and vanity
- Hair dryer
- Fully serviced daily
- Private outdoor area with BBQ available
- Television, DVD and radio with CD player
- Connection for high speed broadband
- Off street parking
- Laundry and drying facilities are available
- Bicycles and safety helmets (compulsory in NZ)
We have had guests stay for longer periods (five and eight weeks) and they have found the studio very homely, private and comfortable.
Please enquire about our long term rates.
Why "Out of Africa"? Nick's parents emigrated from England to Rhodesia in 1948. He was born at Gatooma and attended boarding schools in Rhodesia and Northern Rhodesia whilst his parents farmed. The whole family immigrated to New Zealand from Zambia in 1966 to Motueka.
Nick has lived and worked in New Zealand ever since arriving. The memories of growing up in Southern Africa, the way of life, the farms, the Africans and the animal life are still very strong. We are hoping to visit the game reserves of Southern Africa within the next few years.
"We love it here! Witty and charming hosts. Beautiful rooms and the BEST location, quiet, sunny and close to town and walking trails. We will definitely be back next year" Claude and Barbara Bourdin, French Polynesia.